Saturday, August 29, 2009

Half-Moon Party

Forgive me, I wrote about the Half-Moon Party in verse (I just can't help myself)


'The Things I Do For Poetry'

black lights
in the palm fronds
make every
tooth
appear purple

silouette behind
big screen
dances to the DJ

every other
male shirt
off
phosphorescent painted
faces chests backs

mad mushroom ecstasy
trance mob

arms flailing

heads swiveling

all bikinis and navels

thai whiskey red bull

sit and watch

talk with French girl,
Ludivine,
who likes words like
ennui
but none of that here

her younger sister
brought a bucket
of vodka

red bull

and the brutes were chasing her

girl in corner
arms around knees

crying

displaced

Ludivine laughs

I laugh

the night thrashed
until strobe
chaos
turned to sun

but I left
long
before
that


Keith Anthony Francese
(8-29-2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment